I have a 1989 ford bronco 2 4x4 and I can't get it to start. I turn the key and get nothing. I am going to replace the battery today and go from there. If you have any ideas It would be appreciated.

Asked by Nov 21, 2012 at 09:34 AM about the 1989 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4WD

it might be the starter motor if the dash lights come on when trying to start

Been there has it, and if your battery is 2...3...years old not a waste to get a new one regardless. But can you answer Ben? You have juice anywhere?

I have juice to every thing but with a new battery and still nothing won't even try to crank over

I have taken the starter out and had it tested and it was fine now I am back to square one. The guy at Orilleys told me to check the switch commutateur interruptor and the one they gave me is the wrong one.

hello I had the same problem for me it turned out to the igniton switch mounted on the upper steering colum just before it enters the dash board just remove the plastic cover around colum and follow the wires right to it the part cost around $12.00 and two torx screws and your done, make sure to check that the key hits all positions before you close it up, hope this helps, mike

it might be your fuel pump or you have a bad fuse link some where my 84 bronco was haveing the same problem. I changed a hot fuse wire and my fuel pump and it cranked rite up ... but now i just cant get it to stay started?

if your still haveing problems thear's a reset botten somewear like most car's all thing's well work but it whont start it's a safty thing my mate hit a curb and triggerd it off and i was puzzeld when i got to him till i saw the button i pushed it and the car started right up but not shour if you have one on your's hope that help's