1988 bronco 2 with a 2.9 V6 won't start

50

Asked by Mar 21, 2016 at 12:13 PM about the 1988 Ford Bronco II XLT 4WD

My bronco will turn over but will not start.  I am not getting fire to the plugs.
I have replaced the coil and the brain box on the fender

55

What kind of noise do you hear when the engine turns over? Are there any pops like the engine is TRYING to fire? It could be a mere swap of spark plugs/wires, distributor cap/rotor, along with checking any connections to go with them. While you have the plugs out you might as well check the compression to make sure when you do get it running there won't be a lack of power because of bad seals.

50

it makes no attempt to fire, just roll over. a little history was drive down the road clear day and it was like someone turned off the key, just quit. it is getting gas.

55

That could definitely have something to do with plugs and all that then. If you have never replaced them then they could easily be the stock ones that came with the truck. For some reason some people neglect to replace them and that causes problems running and starting. When I replaced mine a while back it made a huge difference.

50

we are not getting fire to the plugs

50

Plugs where replaced less then a 1,000 miles ago.

I am having the same problem with my 1990 bronco 2. Did u ever figure out what the problem was?

50

no it s STILL not running