ok mmaybe i better tell you guys this my bronco runs fine whenit is cold outside. it shuts off while driving over about7 miles when the tempature is above 70 degrees out side. if it was the temp sense

Asked by May 04, 2015 at 12:51 PM about the 1986 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4WD

bronco runs fine when its below about70degrees out side. after 70 degrees it shuts off after driving about 7 miles or so. put a new tfi module in the kit from mccully racing and moved it to the fender.new coil and wires. so what is it? if its the temp sensor why dont it shut off in the winter? i can drive it for a couple of hrs and it still goes with out shuting off.if its the pip sensor or the temp sensor why does it run fine in the winter? i took it hunting in the winter and had no problems with it. its only when it is warm out 70 and above when it does this so what is it?

Do you ever get a PIP or IDM code? If you ever do replace the distributor stator.

Agree with tennisshoes,check the distributor module,may be bad when it gets hot.