engine shuts off when above 70 degrees outside.

Asked by May 03, 2015 at 09:30 AM about the 1986 Ford Bronco II Eddie Bauer 4WD

i am 67 and on social security and do almost all my repairs. i dont have hardly any money left to take the bronco to a garage and pay $60-100 per hour. my bronco shuts off driving when its 70 degrees out side. it runs fine in the winter when the temperture is cold.is there a heat sensor that makes it do that? the tempature guage reads normal when it shuts off at 70 degrees or hotter.isit getting too much warm air when it 70 or so outside? oris it the air bypass valve? can some one tell me what is wrong? the tfi i moved to the drivers fender a new one with mcully  parts.

David Morris

1986 Ford Bronco? Somehow ya gotta bite the bullet and get an upgrade. Fords just aren't built to last, so may I suggest a used Toyota or Nissan truck? Sometimes ya just gotta let old Betsy go...ya know?

Miller14, there is a website called www.broncoii4x4.com. if you love the bronco, I would suggest registering on it. There was a person on there that had similar problems and it turned out to be the distributor. I would register and post your problem in detail, this gang knows there broncos.

Amber Marie

I have a 1986 ford bronco 2 has the 2.9 L v6 runs great old man I bought it off of took good care of it but squirrels chewed wires and caps off things and had been replaced but he tried to wire it back hisself has brand new ignition module brand new coil brand new radiator cap but engine is really hot like can't touch it hot but runs great but seems like it shouldn't be that hot and have a wining noise coming by the tranny just started and when driving will die after driving a while any help boys please and thanks