does this model have a fuel check valve

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 09:59 AM about the 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4WD

My bronco runs great when you get it started...problem is that I have to wait for the fuel
pump to get the gas up....sometimes as long as 5 minutes. I can do that but it would be
nice to be able to start it when I get in

20,840

Not that I know of. Try replacing fuel filter and clean throttle body add fuel injector cleaner to gas tank use the middle grade or high test gas to help clean out the gum and carbon build. Also check air filter. Fuel pump maybe on its way out also.

107,765

There is a check valve but it is part of the fuel pump and not serviceable, do what firebird suggested and check the fuel pump supply voltage, it should be battery voltage at the pump. I have seen some these rigs have bad fuel pump relays, bad fuel pump and relay grounds along with the stuff mentioned above.

thank you both for your answers....the fuel pump is brand new, the pump relays and relay grounds are my next check. thanks again