Can someone help me find out why I am losing heat on my Ford Bronco 1988 Engine 302 ci? I cannot afford to take it to an Auto Shop but if someone can help I would really appreciate it, it gets very cold in the mornings. Help!!!

35

Asked by Dec 31, 2014 at 01:18 AM about the 1988 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer 4WD

65,065

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck open or your heater core is clogged. Does the temp gauge go up to about 200°F? If not it's the thermostat. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
35

The gauge doesn't work.

65,065

It stays on cold? -Jim

35

yes

DAWG!! Slide on down to the Dealer and unload that hunk o' junk and get a great Holiday Deal on a new ride!! You owe it to yourself to be cruising in style, baby!! Hollar at me!!

65,065

It's the thermostat. Once you replace it the temp gauge will go up to where it should. The gauge isn't moving because the engine can't warm up because the thermostat is stuck open. HTH. -Jim

35

Thank you so much Jim I will change the Thermostat with the help of my friend.

65,065

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click as well! Happy New Year. - Jim

35

Hello Jim, sorry to bother you again but before I ask about other issue I would like to thank you so much for your help. I took your advice and change my Heater Core and that's exactly the problem the old core was old and clogged up now I have too much heat!!! it's great!. The issue I have now is my heater is constantly blowing heat even if I slide the lever to the left (Cold) its still blowing heat. The lever now is not fully slide all the way to the Heat section it stucks half way on the heat section. Where can I actually locate this problem? Thanks. Vic

65,065

Hi Vic, glad you have heat! Sounds like the cable that controls the temp door is out of adjustment. The cable runs from the back of the heat/Air Conditioning control panel to a lever on the heater box under the dash. Make sure it's not pinched or binding. If that is ok check for an adjustment turnbuckle. Was it like that before the heater core replacement? If not, just retrace your steps. Maybe the cable got misrouted during reassembly. HTH. -Jim