Dual tanks on my 1988 Ford Econoline,302...I have a leak at front tank( haven't located exactly yet,CAN I just run off the rear tank? If a line to or from the front tank? Will the rear tank function o

Asked by Oct 08, 2016 at 12:09 AM about the 1988 Ford E-150 Econoline Ext

Dual tanks on my 1988 Ford Econoline,302...I have a leak at front tank( haven't
located exactly yet,CAN I just run off the rear tank? If a line to or from the front
tank?,is leaking? Will the rear tank function  to not leak of the same
line?..Haven't exactly located leak yet,but only leaks when it's started up,so am
assuming it's line providing fuel from pump and or return??

I have a 1989. The front tank leaked for a while until I replaced the filler neck tube. (No idea why yours is leaking.) I ran off the rear tank for a long time, with no issue or leaks.