How to fix leaking front windshield ? Rain and wash water, snow and ice melt onto inside front cabin. Rusting floor under driver and passenger.

Asked by Sep 13, 2016 at 09:32 PM about the 1985 Ford E-150 STD Econoline

Since day one it seems the front window leaks onto the inside driver and passenger floor. I have had the body work done twice over the years. Each time specifically requesting them to fix. No one fixed it. So does anyone know what the problem is and where I can fix it ?

264,135

Is it leaking along the windshield seal at some point? If so, the windshield needs to be removed and the seal reapplied properly. If it's leaking from the cowl area, check and open the drains.

70

I had a problem like this a few years back on a used car purchase. Someone before I owned it replaced the windshield without taking care to fill the entire opening with urethane and water found it's way into the body pillars and didn't show up until way under the dash. The fix for me was to unscrew the moldings on both sides of the windshield, locate the openings and fill the cavity with 40 yr. silicone let set an hour and reinstall the moldings. It never leaked since