Why is my clutch on my Toyota 5 speed not building pressure after bleeding

Asked by Feb 10, 2015 at 03:34 PM about the 1986 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr Deluxe Standard Cab LB

I replaced the slave cylinder,
and also the Master cylinder
twice each and still no
pressure

33,535

I had a clutch problem with my '89 truck similar to yours. If I remember correctly, I had replaced the clutch. pressure plate, throw out bearing. I think I even did the slave cylinder. After reassembly, I wasn't able to get my truck to shift right. The clutch was all mushy and it was like I had to force it into gear. I think I bled it over and over with no success. I finally figured out the problem. Not sure if this is your issue, but it could be. Get a flash light and look up under the dash where the clutch peddle is. Way up on the floor boards, there is a piece of metal that I think the clutch spring attaches too. Anyway, look up there and work the clutch with your hand. Do you see the metal flexing when you push in the clutch? My metal piece actually tore. Every time I thought I was pushing in the clutch, the metal flexed so much, that I really wasn't engaging the clutch. I had to drill a hole through the piece of metal and put a bolt through it and the fire wall. I believe the hole came out near the brake fluid reservoir. I just put a bolt straight through and put a nut on and tightened it all down. Clutch worked 100% when done. Not the best description, but it was many years ago when I fixed it. Sold the truck about 3 years ago. Would send pics if I still had it. Hope this helps.

33,535

Ever figure out what the issue was?