why do the turn signal indicators come on when brakes are applied ??

Asked by Dec 27, 2014 at 10:01 AM about the 1985 Toyota Pickup 2 Dr STD Standard Cab SB

I have brake lights and e-flashers and running lights but when the turn signals (left or right ) they flash like e-flashers and the indicators inside both light up when brake is applied and don't flash ..any help ? it has a fiberglass (large)camper on the truck

39,195

Have you owned this for a long time, or did you recently buy this and you have just discovered the issue?

got it out of a bone yard and didn't have any tail lights ,they were there but broke up and it is a sunrader camper ,got tail lights off of another camper pull behind ,wired it up put new ground on them ,,I have everything except turn signals lights ...they both flash like eflasher ,one brighter than the other ,depending if its the left or right side turned on and the interior directional signals are both lite when applying the brakes

39,195

Not sure if this holds true with a camper but.....remember on the older toyota trucks if you wanted to tow a trailer or camper you had to get a Conversion Box? I had to have one on my old '89 4x4 to tow a trailer. If you just wired the trailer through the existing wire harness on the back of the truck, nothing would work right. That may be your issue.

thanks mark the answer helps ..but where would I find a conversion box ? a

39,195

Most auto stores carry them.......