Can I find a used radiator for my 85 SR5 Toyota Tercel Wagon and/or what is the cost of a new one?

10

Asked by Aug 27, 2013 at 07:54 PM about the 1985 Toyota Tercel 4 Dr SR5 AWD Wagon

My 1985 Toyota Tercel wagon is a gem...but has a crack in the top of the radiator. My
mechanic tried liquid plastic...not OK. I need a new radiator or the top part to the radiator.
Any suggestions??

here are a few choices...I remember these a "counterflow" design what pushed the coolant up instead of trickle down...the thermostat is on the lower hose----weirdos!~

apolgies for the image...this camera does whatever it wants to....grrrr...little frustrating...if you click on the image all this nonsense (the zebra striping) will go away~

113,505

Try your local part store I'm sure they can get you one that is an aftermarket at a reasonable price.

10

I was able to find a radiator on eBay, no problem! And inexpensive! Thanks all for your responses. I may have more questions, so appreciate your help!

feel free to click on judge_roy to ask a PM~

Use a soldering iron and zip ties as if you were welding there is no actual technique whatever works best for you just make sure not to poke through the plastic melted the zip tie to add plastic as needed you can do this with almost anything made of plastic most cars use a type of plastic called PLA and that is what zip ties are also made of. If you are doing it to anything else first find out what the type of plastic is and find some trash that is made of the same kind and then you can repair any old plastic parts hard to come by. Your welcome.