I have a 1985 Toyota MR2 that will not start if I don't drive it EVERY DAY!

Asked by Mar 31, 2014 at 01:11 PM about the 1985 Toyota MR2 STD Coupe

Basically, the battery dies. Not completely, but enough to where it will not start without a jump. I have taken it into the shop and have had all the shorts and grounds problems fixed, purchased a couple new batteries, had full diagnostics run and been told that the alternator is not the problem. The only other thing that is needed is a coolant flush (so I have been told, which I will probably do). Any advice or suggestions? I am open to anything!

11,405

There is on obvious draw on your electrical system. Check all possibilities. Make sure the glove box, console, trunk, cargo, interior, under hood lighting is not staying on.