I have a 1985 Toyota MR2 that will not start if I don't drive it EVERY DAY!

Asked by Mar 31, 2014 at 01:11 PM about the 1985 Toyota MR2 STD Coupe

Basically, the battery dies. Not completely, but enough to where it will not start without a jump. I have taken it into the shop and have had all the shorts and grounds problems fixed, purchased a couple new batteries, had full diagnostics run and been told that the alternator is not the problem. The only other thing that is needed is a coolant flush (so I have been told, which I will probably do). Any advice or suggestions? I am open to anything!

11,805

There is on obvious draw on your electrical system. Check all possibilities. Make sure the glove box, console, trunk, cargo, interior, under hood lighting is not staying on.

5

I had the same problem with my car for a while and it was nothing serious, not sure if this will help or not, but when I turned my key to turn the car off there's a little button on the ignition where the key is in you push it and turn the key completely, also my car alarm (on/off )switch is a little janky old, so I keep the alarm off not sure if those were draining it or not, but after that I had no problem, before it would drain all my car batteries that were new. goodluck dude,