How can I find a gas tank for a 1987 Toyota Cressida? thanks

Asked by Apr 22, 2013 at 08:14 PM about the 1987 Toyota Cressida STD

does any one know a parts place thAT MIGHT HAVE ONE?

88,145 GAS-CELL-/260937208200? pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AToyota%7CMo del%3ACressida&hash=item3cc111d188&vxp=mtr

thanks - they dont ship as it is a fuel tank- any other ideas ? - too bad it is in NJ ! I have been searching like crazy - but no luck yet .

Up in the rust belt, used tanks come from down south. --- If you can't find a exact replacement, you might be able to use one a from a different make and model car. Newer cars use a plastic tank. You will have to change fuel pumps and splice the lines and electrical connections. --- Another alternative is to repair the tank you have or have a tank custom made.

If accessible, several layers of dura- glass body filer will clot up a rusty spot sometimes.

Hmm? I live in NJ...for the right price maybe we could work out a deal...This deal would of course include a full compensation package, to include food (including some of Grandma's apple pie), lodging, fuel/toll costs and other amenities that will be spelled out on my contract...LOL Just Kidding...How far away are you? Hope you find a local solution :)

Have you tried local : Toyota dealer, auto dismantlers, fuel tank repair shops, parting out cars for sale? Good luck, HTH