Alright, so my 95' Dodge Avenger's factory alarm keeps going off for no reason whatsoever. It started this morning and has kept on for no apparent reason. I'll be able to stop it here that i'm home, but if I'm at work I won't be able to take time out to go turn it off. Anyone know how to disable it?

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 03:00 PM about the 1995 Dodge Avenger 2 Dr ES Coupe

You probably got a bad door switch. Try pulling the fuse for the alarm.

119,805 --- heres where i found this info below. -----The alarm is likely one of two things , the door switches (most likely) or the switches in the door attached to the key switch The Alarm is in the REAR drivers side panel VERY hard to axcsess All you have to do to disable a factory alarm is ground the green/white wire in the drivers door (you can also find the wire in the drivers kick panel). Test to make sure you have the correct wire, as the parking light circuit is also green/white. The green/white wire normally gets grounded when you unlock the door using the key (which disarms the factory alarm). Permanently grounding that wire permanently disarms the factory alarm __________________

Best Answer Mark helpful

Thanks alot. I appreciate it. I went out to the car to check out the owners manual, and it didn't show anything. But I did find that two cats which I had never seen around here walked out from under the car. Could they have set the alarm off?