why battery and abs lights stay on after started?

Asked by Mar 07, 2016 at 03:37 PM about the 1996 Dodge Intrepid 4 Dr ES Sedan

My battery and abs lights stay on after I start the car.I have a 96 dodge intrepid 3.5 and the raido wont come on.Put new alt on and checked all the fuses.If car starts I can shut it down after about 30 sec to a min running and the battery is drained.Everything else seems to work alright

10

As far as the radio not working ... If you unhooked the battery when working on the alternator you may have blown the fuse to your factory amplifier so check the fuse and if its good you probably fried your amp like I did... Oh and if you ever have to unhook your battery for any reason FIRST pull the fuse for the amp... Located in the fuse panel left driver side.