Why wont my 89 Nissan Pulsar start?

5

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 11:22 AM about the 1989 Nissan Pulsar NX XE Hatchback

I have an 1989 Nissan Pulsar with about 90,000 miles on it. I parked for a couple of days, went to start it up and "nothing". No clicking, no sound at all beside the radio. The lights come on, the radio, the gas gauge doesnt move. I added more fuel to make sure it wasnt just low fuel but no luck. Do anyone know what I should look for???

254,485

I would check the voltage of the battery first. Is it higher than 12.2 Volts? How old is it?

5

Im not sure how old the battery is, I tried to jump start it and received no results from that either.

254,485

The battery might be shorted or you have a wiring issue, aka short to ground.

5

ok, thanks Tom. I will look into that.

5

The other day it just started without me checking the battery. Do you think it has something to do with the cold weather?