I have a 1987 nissan 300zx nontourbo 2x2 v6 and it feals like it has no power if u press the gas about halfway it starts cutting out and its bn runnin pretty bad and wen it rains its realy hard to cra

Asked by Nov 25, 2014 at 09:05 PM about the 1987 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr GS 2+2

I've checked the stribitor to see if it
got wet but no and the air filer is dry
it only dose it after it rains

5,525

I would guess ignition wire. Most ignition wires have a carbon core. They don't use copper wire because that would interfere with radio reception. If you have access to a multimeter you can find instructions on the web to check the wires for resistance to see if they're good. Story....... years ago we had some carpet installed on a rainy day. When the installers were ready to leave their truck wouldn't start. I told them it was probably the wire and the first sunny day it would start right up. In the mean time I sprayed WD 40 on the wiring trying to get the moisture out. Didn't work. The next day it was sunny and dry. The truck owner showed up and the truck started right up.

110

i agree your wires could be bad you can use a hair dryer on them it will draw the moister out. You could have another problem mine did the same thing it was my fuel pump relay. it was corroded its located behind the battery on passenger side it is green.