My 1987 300 ZX non-turbo has been sitting about 10 years. Won't even turn over. Getting enough juice from battery and checked all wiring but still won't crank. Security light flashes off and on.

10

Asked by Jan 03, 2014 at 07:41 PM about the 1987 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr GS 2+2

Car has 148,000 miles on it, replaced all plugs and fixed and replaced any bad wires,
haven't tried to turn the crankshaft yet although someone suggested this.

101,715

Use caution the rings could be seized the the cylinder. I would remove the spark plugs and add some marvel mystery oil or other good lubricant. Let it sit over night then try to turn it over without the plugs in. Also all your belts could be seized to the pulleys/alter/ac/power steering. Loosen all the belts and make sure they are not stuck to pulleys or harmonic balancer. Make sure you have removed all the old gas and added new in the tank. Hope this helps.

Best Answer
10

Thanks. I thought about doing that very thing, but thought maybe it was something other than that.Will try.

101,715

I would almost bet on the belts being stuck to the pulleys. Rings are probably ok but I add the oil when I turning one over that has set for along time just to give them some lube due to everything being dry and all oil has settled into pan.

55

Don't rush it! Fill cylinders with oil and let sit a WEEK!! Oil should drain into the pan . Empty the pan and replace with new oil. In mean time pull your starter and alternator take them to local parts store for testing. If you don't have access to service manual go on line and search for Ignition testing for your engine.Throw those belts away and get new ones before you try starting it up.