After I start and stop my 1989 240sx a few times I get in it and it wont start. I just replaced the battery, and had a new altenator put in last year. I also have replaced the starter twice(

Asked by Apr 17, 2013 at 08:58 PM about the 1989 Nissan 240SX 2 Dr SE Hatchback

I bought this car second hand 2 years ago. I am only the second owner. I have replaced
the starter twice(the first one had a year warrenty) The altenator was replaced last year.
the battery is brand new.Heres whats going on.It will start fine the first start of the day,
then on a day when I have multiple start and stops, it will just not start

92,455

Does the engine turn over when it doesn't start? It could be no spark or no fuel. Try some starting fluid to find out which one. -- Does it just click? Just a click is low voltage. Clean the battery connections and check the voltage.

I'd take a look at the other end of the black cable, the one that bolts to the chassis (all rusty by now_ and cable to the motor block~