Transmission or clutch?

Asked by Dec 14, 2014 at 12:19 AM about the 1989 Honda Civic CRX 2 Dr Si Hatchback

Driving home one day, all of a sudden heard a bang closer to where the engine is. Started
the car and now i hear a grinding/crackling sound while in neutral and only goes away
when i press clutch pedal. Its also hard to sift into reverse and somtimes gets stuck in
reverse. When im in gear and driving i hear a whining sound constantly. Is this a bearing
problem? or blown transmission?

33,835

Something in the clutch assembly is broken.

Best Answer
24,445

Clutch failure, is it the original clutch and how many miles does the clutch/car have on it?

Its ur flywheels broke