Learning mechanic looking for help - 1997 Dodge Stratus 2.4l - Blowing Grey / White Smoke

Asked by Feb 04, 2015 at 07:04 PM about the 1997 Dodge Stratus 4 Dr ES Sedan

Car is running rough but still cranks.  I'm getting no CEL.  Definitely blowing light colored
smoke out the exhaust.  The car isn't overheating.  Compression test shows 180 psi
across all four cylinders.  I replaced the intake manifold gasket, PCV valve, new plugs
and wires, thermostat, radiator cap.  Where do I go next for diagnosis?  I've checked for
obvious vacuum leaks, but its hard to say there definitely isn't one.

4,725

is the vehicle using coolant at all??... what you can try is remove the rad cap and start the engine and get it warm .....then remove the spark plugs and install a coolant pressure tester and see if it goes down at all if it does with the plugs out have someone crank over the engine for you while you watch to see if coolant comes out of the plug holes

1,475

Did you look at the oil? Does it look any different than it should be? Light colored(white) smoke would indicate blown head gasket with coolant leaking. Also, like Moparjohn said, is the coolant level low?

Yea there are white streaks in the oil. I guess that's the head gasket. So, a head gasket can be blow even if compression numbers check out? You learn something every day.