I have a 2013 Chevy Cruze that will not start. The key turns on and service stablitrack, service powersteering warnings flash on the screen then when you go to turn it to start it just blacks out and wont turn over.

10

Asked by Jun 28, 2015 at 04:49 PM about the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT

Look at your battery posts for corrosion, they must be clean and tight. If it has black, or green/white stuff looks like mold the terminals are not making a connection. A 2 or 3 year old battery is a bit soon to fail but not unheard of. If you have the corrosion, wear latex gloves and baking soda and water will clean it off, then make sure the clamps are tight. If it's not that, if you can get it to start with a jump get your battery load-tested any a parts house. It's normal for warning lights to come on when key is on, they're supposed to do that, including check engine, oil pressure and battery light. Then when you try to start it, the power is all taken and that's why they go out

10

My battery posts are all clean and tight. I have tried jump starting it but it does not start still. My OBD light come on a few days before it quit starting on me and it was throwing O2 sensor codes. Not sure if that makes a difference at all. I need to replace the whole O2 sensor unit but i didnt think it would keep it from starting. Any ideas?

A bad 02 sensor will not cause a no-start. Matter of fact some cars ignore 02 sensors until warmed up a little. I just wrote generic information, hopefully somebody will chime in that knows about your car

My car is doing the same exact thing I need help

10

My car is doing the same exact thing! I just bought it last week-_- I was driving home today and everything shut off once the service power steering light came on. My blinkers weren't even working, but the car was still going and driving...

So, 3 times now, my car would not start at work. The remote will start it, but the Push Start does not work. It is at the dealer now for the third time. They told me there could be a frequency issue..."any new radio stations around?" really, are you kidding me. I work at a hospital, so I checked to make sure we did not get any new equipment in over the past couple of weeks...MRIs and such. I was told if the machines had that much power to cause my car to not start, it would be enclosed to make sure everyone in the building was also safe! So, the dealer called me back today and said it is the "immobilizer". No idea what that is, but it will be in tomorrow. Hopefully my car starts on Monday. I only have the issue at work and I usually get it started right before the tow truck arrives. I have a 2012 cruze. I am just happy to know that I am not the only person with this issue!

I had this problem with my chevy cruze 2015 and it was the battery pose just needed to be tighthen