Subaru Brz vs Toyota GT86 vs Camaro zl1 convertible. All of these cars are from 2013. Which one should i buy ? I want a fast car to show off with. :)

Asked by Feb 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM about the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible RWD

Btw Im not sure if im going to take the camaro convertivle zl1 or just the camaro zl1. Could anyone advice me which one to take?

23,245

Well, all of the cars you listed are quite different. Depends on what you want. The ZR1 will probably be the fastest, but, not handle as well with the monster V8 engine up front. And, fuel mileage, forget about it. Sure, gas is cheap RIGHT NOW, but, that won't last forever. Here's a report on the BRZ. It's the most unusual car of the group and because it has a boxer engine and low center of gravity, it would be the most fun to drive and handle. I would choose the Subaru, yes, you can wow your friends with rapid acceleration, but, you can only do that without traffic and if you ask me, there's more places to enjoy precise steering and handling than just a quick start and the Subaru BRZ is not slow. See this, http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-brz-limited-test- review

23,245

One more car you may want to consider, http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/subaru_wrx_2013

23,245

On the convertible top, if you decide to go for that, make sure you take care of it carefully, replacement of this can cost several thousand dollars.

23,245

So, what are you going to do, let us know.

23,245

OK, looks like the Toyota and Subaru both share the same boxer engine.See this, http://m.caranddriver.com/news/2013-scion-fr-s-official-photos- and-info-news

20,045

Gt86 and brz are the same car with different badges. Also a scion frs. They are fun to drive but the camaro has alot more power. The camaro will drink a little more fuel but I wouldn't consider it a gas guzzler. Definitely easier to shoe off with the camaro

23,245

By the way, if you really don't want to see yourself coming and going then get the Subaru or Toyota. And, Asian cars age more gracefully than American cars. The Camaro is classic, but, its a gas guzzler, probably will be the most to insure and depreciation will be a much bigger factor with this car. The lower production Subaru/ Toyota makes the car a rarer commodity.

23,245

Hmm, not a gas guzzler?? Compared to what, an RV?? See this below,, the Camaro gets 14 mpg in the city. Some as low as 12 mpg, that's pretty bad! https://www.google.com/search? q=2013+camaro+zl1&oq=2013+Camaro+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3. 9054j1j4&client=tablet-android-google&sourceid=chrome- mobile&ie=UTF-8

264,355

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t45491_ds707170

23,245

I'm sorry, but, even this car review mentions that this car is as gas guzzler. http://m.caranddriver.com/reviews/2012-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-test- review

23,245

Manas, SO, you asked these questions 23 hours ago?? Didn't like the answers you got?! And Nicole pointed out not to purchase the Camaro if you're planning on driving in snow! And, the Toyota/ Subaru would be a better daily driver. So, what are you thinking now?

20,045

I just read he wants a fast car to show off with. A brz is alot more sensible. In the snow both are horrible cars. I just assumed the 2013 camaro mpg's were better than a 1990 camaro, I was wrong. Still better than my truck but oh well. If your considering either of these cars with the premise of "I want to show off" then money and mpg's arnt a concern. The camaro is a more show off kind of car. Do burnouts, sling donuts, make loud rumble noises. I'm sure the brz will spin tires. Maybe a donut. But without a doubt you can shred rubber with the camaro. If we are lucky we may end up with another youtube video of somebody trashing their new camaro.

23,245

Andrew, I appreciate your answer. By the way, don't you think that if he wants a car capable in snow and still pretty fast would make the Subaru WRX STI a good contender?

105,485

I would still go with the Camaro, the hardtop will be quieter than convertible, American car, American parts, plenty of performance goodies to add on later. But the choice is as usual yours, go with what you feel comfortable with, through the years I have had a lot of vehicles and I always seem to keep coming back to GM products. So that's my two cents worth.

23,245

Tennisshoes is correct. If you for the Camaro, skip the convertible.

20,045

The wrx is a great car. Especially if you want performance and live where snow and ice are a concern

23,245

From a power to weight ratio, the Subaru WRX STI is a marvel of engineering. The car has 305 horsepower and 290 foot pounds of torque all from a 2.5 litre Four. The fact that it can even be compared to the Camaro Z1 is amazing. Yes, the Camaro is a little faster, but, look how much more displacement the V8 engine has. http://www.zeperfs.com/en/duel1720-4174.htm

23,245

And, if you are talking about snow or weather conditions, there's no car on the list with this much power and handling with AWD like the Subaru WRX STI. There's much more to a car than just sheer acceleration, don't you think?

785

Get the Subaru and learn how to handle that before going with bigger more powerful cars.

23,245

EdS2K- that is VERY sound advice. Well said. Are you thinking about the BRZ? The WRX is a more powerful automobile.

23,245

One more thing, the BRZ is s very nice "sports car", but realize that it is NOT AWD. It's the only Subaru car that is not all wheel drive, it is rear wheel drive only.