What are the best tire for 98 Neon Sport?

Asked by Dec 06, 2007 at 11:18 AM about the 1998 Dodge Neon 2 Dr Sport Coupe

I am looking to purchase new tires for a 98 neon sport with the dual overhead cam engine.  I am heading into winter, so snow and ice are a consideration. Thanks!

Anne F.

15,255

I would start with the Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct. The websites are listed below. http://www.tirerack.com/ http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

go to your local tire shop and tell them what you want ,they will fix you right up.

5,295

I like Continental ContiPro Contact. They are a premium tire and reasonably priced. My mother's 06 Jetta came with a set of them. She lives in Michigan, and they seem to handle the snow just fine. I once drove 100 miles at 70+ MPH in one of the worst downpours that I have even been in with the Jetta and they were completely reassuring the entire time.

Thanks SO MUCH for contacting me and providing your suggestion, dvigano.

Thanks, papa, for sending your suggestion. I will do just that.

Hey, 18TandSVT - thanks for your suggestion. I will look into the tires you've suggested.

220

try a stock size at tire with mud+snow ratings believe it or not the cheapo tires seem to keep the neons going even if you get 10+ inches of snow and I still haven't even been stuck with them cheapest ones I found were from firestone at the time I believe the 5 lug pattern had stock 165/75r14(Problems with ford and firestones was VEHICLE manufacturers fault {Suv rollovers}.)

220

YES I go through lots of snow Wisconsin+Minnesota winters