How do I adjust the parking brake, all disc brakes

Asked by Apr 03, 2011 at 06:14 PM about the 1998 Dodge Neon 2 Dr R/T Coupe

I thought it would be at the handle under the console, but no adjustments to be made there that I can find.

1,105

try neons.org they have every possible topic you can think of for neons.

13,715

if you follow your ebrakecable back towards the rear of the car you should see a turnbuckle thats where you adjust the Ebrake

30

No Dan, that is completely a wrong turn. There is no turn-buckle. I took my console out -completely out- and there is the one cable splitting into 2 at a flat plate (no adjustment to be made there at all). This was done after I removed my back seat and followed the cable into the car under the carpet. After doing all that I realized the first answer was correct - there is a star wheel inside the backing plate on the rear brakes. DISK or DRUM both would be the same. There are shoes inside the DISK (go figure). So, to be completely clear which neither answer was before - you have to remove the rubber rectangle block (behind the Rotor's baking plate) and then stick your screwdriver into the hole to adjust the little star wheel inside that really tiny, dark, rusty space. Lots a luck. I'm going to do that right now. 1998 Neon Sport (Jalopy because all kinds of little things go wrong with these cars). 9/10/11

20

Thank you dragtoons this was very helpful to me as I had a shitty e-brake that Almost hit 90degress lol. By following what you said about the brake drums and That little wheel I manged to tighten it up, I mean my brakes were loose.... But now it's cool. :)