Water in rear storage compartment

Asked by Apr 13, 2010 at 05:29 PM about the 1998 Dodge Durango 4 Dr SLT 4WD SUV

I recently noticed that some how water is leaking into the read storage compartment of my 1998 Durango. This is under the hatch in the read where the jack and tire wrench are stowed.  I have not been able to figure out how the water is getting in there.  This happen whole parked in my drive way in any good rain.

I any one has experienced this issue and resolved it I would certainly appreciate your insight or ideas.

Thanks in advance.

10

Hello i have recently purchased a 1998 durango and have noticed alot of water in this storage i have no idea where it is coming from,a freind told me there are some air vents in the rear panels that could be stuck open.I have just started to investigate the problem,I am pretty sure it is not coming in from the top because there is a fitted rubber mat over the back.I do not have third row seating does yours.I would greatly appreciate any help and will gladly return any info. I find out,my email is knraj@hotmail.com. Cheers Ron