Fuel issue or electrical, on my 1965 mustang with a inline 6 200?

5

Asked by Apr 28, 2014 at 11:35 AM about the 1965 Ford Mustang Standard Coupe

starts good and will run fine untill I stop and turn it off for 5 to 10 minutes. When I get back in and try to start, it will not start unless i give it gas. Then once I put in drive and give it gas to go it sputters and dies. It will start back up after 2 or 3 tries and run fine. It also stutters when I go up and down a small hill. Here is a list of things already replaced. New carb, fuel pump, coil and points. We replaced the fuel line from carb to fuel pump. We have adjusted the time and the idle, all good now. It does have black smoke on occasssion come out tailpipes. Anyone have any more ideas? i was told the gas tank was replaced by previous owner.

97,095

Sounds like a fuel perculation problem, some things to check would be float level, fuel pressure and delivery rate, breaker plate wobble, make sure you have the right condenser.