Restoring a 65 coupe mustang

Asked by Jul 21, 2013 at 04:14 PM about the 1965 Ford Mustang Standard Coupe

My dad passed away and left me with a 65 coupe ford mustang to finish having restored. It  
has already been painted, it just needs everything else to be finished. About how many
hours should it take to finish what is left on restoring the vehicle?

Wow, way cool car. Sorry about your Dad and having to get it that way, but yours is a loaded question ...it all depends on what there is you want to do, condition now, asking number of hours is just about impossible to tell. Best of luck with it. When you are done, post some pictures..would love to see

222,925

Months to years. You didn't specify what mechanically and interior wise needs to be done. Are you doing all the work or is someone else?

20,965

Is it in one piece? all put together? does it run? does it drive well? If this is the case, you are talking about COSMETIC restoration, and that can be done one piece at a time, at your leisure. This is called a "rolling restoration"

it is in one piece and all put together. It is completely painted all the seats are finished. It just needs the main 5 parts done I think. It needs under the hood and the wiring redone. All the stuff for it has already been bought. A guy is putting it together. I am a girl who knows nothing about cars, so I'm trying to be sure the guy isn't gonna rip me off or anything. Thank you for all of yalls help.

20,965

ok- you're not sure if the guy is gonna rip you off? that doesn't sound good- you didn't say if the car runs and drives- let us know before you have a complete wiring harness put in- that's gonna be expensive- how committed are you to this car? hundreds? thousands? tens of thousands of $$$? Now is the time to think about this before you wind up owing too much money and that gives a mechanic the right to just take the car away if you can't pay- a second opinion is ALWAYS good