Dodge Intrepid won't start...electrical shut down

Asked by Mar 09, 2013 at 04:50 PM about the 1999 Dodge Intrepid 4 Dr ES Sedan

New battery in '99 intrepid 3 days ago...today blinkers stopped working, then speedometer,
dashboard flashing and then off..This is son's car and out of my state.  Alternator, they installed
wrong battery????

21,055

alternator for sure,you were running on the fresh battery power till run down maby 10 hours or so without a replenshing

99,865

Get the battery charged up. Run the engine and check the voltage at the battery with a meter. The voltage should be above 14 volts right after start up if the alternator is working. The battery should have 12.5 volts with the engine off.

3,220

Ten speed is probably right. I wonder if somebody just charged his battery and sent him on his way with bill in hand.

10

I know this is 3 months to late but it is the cluster fuse. I know this because I've been frustrated with this POS intrepid I've been working on.I've done a little homework and have found the same symptoms, so just by chance i pulled all the fuses on the side of the dash while the key was in the on position. i pulled the cluster fuse, it was good, once i reinsert the fuse, Alkinds of clicking stated.so i tried the key and wallah the car turned over and fired right up.hope this late reply is good for you.