Are spare tire and jack provided in a Kia Soul when you purchase one?

Asked by May 02, 2016 at 05:50 PM about the 2013 Kia Soul Base

I bought a 2013 Kia Soul at Gossett Kia in Memphis Tenn.and asked why the
car does not have a spare or jack.They told me that Kia Motors stop providing
spare tires and jacks to their cars in 2008 and I just wanted to ask if this is a
true statement.

13,485

Like many other buyers of a 2012 Kia Soul, many are dismayed to learn there was no spare tire and jack included with the car--instead, there is a can of sealant and a (tiny) air compressor. A weight saving "trick" weight increases MPG, Thanks to CAFE fuel economy' same "trick" with 0-20 oil use!~~~~~~In October of 2012, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued joint final rules to further improve fuel economy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for passenger cars and light trucks. Since NHTSA is required by Congress to set CAFE standards for no more than five years at a time, it issued final standards for model years 2017 to 2021 and presented non-final “augural” standards for years 2022-2025. The non-final standards were presented in the interest of aiding manufacturers in future product planning and of harmonization with EPA’s greenhouse gas emission standards. NHTSA will propose and establish CAFE standards for MYs 2022-2025 through a comprehensive future rulemaking that will be informed by the latest available data and information.

140

You know what I'm all for protecting the dang environment but excuse me, it really pissed me off when I had to rush off to work and I'm stranded with a stupid flat tire....now if anyone would start thinking outside the box....a stupid tire maintenence pack is NOT and I repeat NOT going to fix a "blow out" Once a tire is destroyed a stinking fix it kit is NOT going to do anything hello!! I am annoyed that I have to be be stranded if this ever happens because of cry baby green house emission officials getting in my way of fixing my own tire!! I love my KIA but this is a huge problem. I like many others do not have time to wait around for a tow truck because I don't have a spare tire and a jack in my trunk. So now I'M going to take that stupid Styrofoam compartment out of my car and I'm putting a stinking spare tire in my trunk and I'm going to find a jack that fits the specialty lug nuts and I'm going to remain self sufficient and take care of my own tire problems when they arise. So that's all I'm done being annoyed now. Just thought someone might possibly agree with me......thank you...

40

I hit debris on an interstate highway which destroyed my tire. I didnt even know my car did not have a spare until this happened! so, there I was on the side of this hwy cars flying by me and I couldnt help myself. A cop came called a tow. They towed me to a shop that could replace my tire. 250.00 for a used tire not including the tow amount. I was pissed! I called Kia and I was told they dont offer a spare but they will come out and give you a free tow and that I will be reimbursed for that amount. NOPE, there was a loop hole they found and I was never reimbursed by Kia,. However, my ins co did reimburse that cost. I purchased a spare and kit so this never happens again.

40

Kia will not come out if you don't have a spare in the soul trunk to help. I went thru it. Bought a tire and kit at soul dealership. The patch kit a joke. Dealership discounted kit and installation. Kia pd me for the kit as my fourth Kia and refused to never buy a new one again. Roadside so wrong in their answers. Reported them.

30

I Hate the fact that I did not get a spare tire.... I didn't know I didn't have one till I was stranded at home. Then as I went to look for one to put in my car they coast 200.00 and it's cheaper to get a used Tire but it doesn't fit In the well in the back of the car used for a spare... This is some straight foolishness!!!!!!

50

I bought s KIA Optima three weeks ago. I have taken for granted that there would be a spare tire. I called my dealership and was advised it was no longer required to provide one, by virtue of a standard passed by politicians for EPA and greenhouse affect. I carry 2 engineering degrees from UCLA. I'm pretty sure the politicians don't have a clue about EPA etc. If KIA no longer supplies spares, why are they still providing insets for them. The young lady who broke down on the highway is a perfect example of why I will not be buying two Kias for my daughters. Is the spare tire the only surprise? My girls are getting a Honda.

20

I've had my Soul for about a year now. Love it, never had any issues until yesterday. Flat tire. Only to find out I didn't have a spare. To say the least I am was VERY disappointed. I'm in my early 30's and am thankful my father was able to come by to plug it for me, but had I been on the side of the road alone... Very Disappointed KIA!

60

I knew going in that the Kia's don't have a spare, but I got a rim and made my own spare. Great car, excellent gas mileage, no big deal. Yep, had to get a jack, too. Still no biggie. I love my Kia Soul! I am a 61 yr young Grandma and It's no problem to change my own tire. I think some of y'all mad about not having a spare are really just mad at yourself for not checking. By the way, AAA is a good thing to have...but it doesn't come with the car either.

omg everyone i had the same surprise my Kia Soul i have had less than a year, took three trips to mexico and had no idea i had no spare tire. I had a blow out and that was the hard reality of it, roadside assistance for Kia sucks , but AAA was there to save me and i am out of pocket 256.00 cuz i had to buy a tire, pay the tow , and hotel to say overnight. i have never been so surprised in my life. I love my Kia, so I did buy the extend warranty on the Soul so i told the Dealership pay for it the blow out damaged the harness and the sensor why should I have to pay for it. They did want to sell me a Spare Tire kit, omg what a scam, why would i need it since i have a tire that i can use as a spare since Kia did replace the low out and i bought a jacket, I am all set, but i had to do this myself. Nope KIA is not about customer service and I love my KIA Soul but i need to just suck it up and see if they will pay for everything. but i will just be sure to think before i buy, Toyota and Honda are sounding pretty good.