Any suggestions on how to open a door when the handles do not function?

Asked by Jul 29, 2015 at 09:47 AM about the 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Base

55 Bel Air 4 door. Rear drivers door will not open with the handles. Door has movement but you can't hear the latch release when you try to use the handle. I have a replacement window, so if I need to break the window to get inside the panel that's ok. Just need to be able to open door to make repairs.

Nice car- take the door panel off and open it- since it is closed, you will have to take out the rear seat to get the panel off-