2000 Dodge Neon Trans

10

Asked by Jul 18, 2011 at 05:31 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr Highline Sedan

I have 2000 Dodge Neon yesterday my wife was driving it she said car was to slow in gears I notice there was transmission fluid all over underneath and on the side I don't know where it is coming from.  

6,705

check the lower end of the radiator underneath the radiator support. Many had a problem with this. The radiator is also the trans cooler the nipples rust off or break off. Could also be the cooler hoses at the radiator underneath the airbox the clamps loosen over time. Only other possibility is it could be the seal on the end of the pump... trans must be removed to diagnose this.

Check pan seal it is silicone and trans fluid is caustic, axle seals,are a common leak point, front pump,or torque converter can be diagnosed easily place clean dry cardboard under trans and engine (centered) if leak is in center torque converter seal is bad,front cooling lines,back pan leaks,back and left pass axle seal,leak opposite is drvrs axle seal hope that helps.

1,675

I've seen several automatic Neons with the transmission cooler lines blown out of the radiator... makes one hell of a mess but should stop the car dead once the fluid has completely drained.