not getting elec thru car.

Asked by Nov 10, 2015 at 04:43 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr ES Sedan

I have a new charged battery, my horn works, but I get no electricity to the starter, head lights, no interior light, no radio, no power door locks, I am not sure where to check next, all fuses are good, I have power going to the power distribution center. I am at a total loss to figure this one out so please help.

8,420

battery cables and their ends are good? test light or voltmeter verifies power at, to, and from, and up to the next component..... etc. Shows hot in the power dist fuses, relays, but what about mains, main fuses, fusible links or what have you ? Your circuits all must get power from power distribution, then to the inside fuse panel, be fused and divided or treed onto in the back of the fuse panel. I still would clean and verify with testing that the connections at the battery can carry current. they are clean and tight, dont arc or fizzle. the metal is cleaned and shiny before assembly, the battery posts too.

8,420

a test light is 4 bucks at the hardware or tool store, sometimes the parts store. a voltmeter is cheap at the tool store. a schematic is a dime if you print it at the library. Concentration and emotional content are priceless.