2000 dodge neon

Asked by May 09, 2013 at 07:25 PM about the 2000 Dodge Neon 4 Dr ES Sedan

smell in cabin when air or heat is on replaced muffler pipe coming off the engine to converter but did not fix the problem   help

27,515

so you have a exhaust smell in the cabin?

yes

does the neon have a cabin filter

27,515

Dont think so. either way you shouldnt smell exhaust. you must have a leak in a pipe somewhere. maybe at the manifold where it bolts to the head? check it all.

could it be an exhaust manifold gasket?....oooo probably~

Why the hell am I the number one Dodge Neon expert....lord only knows...just doin' my job maam~

Have a new pipe and manifold gasket and flex pipe this was replaced 2 days a go the also did a pressure test and said that it isnot leaking. I'm gat a public library and it closes in 10 minutes help

98,075

Exhaust smell in the cabin with a new pipe. Any chance that the fumes are coming in through the trunk?

no it blows in through the cabin blower vents

they botched the exhaust manifold gasket...think about it, where can the exhaust escape? a blown out 02 sensor?

1,565

check the egr block off plate on the head, there is a gasket for that too that can leak, completely separate from the exhaust so it might have been overlooked