driving about 60, durango stalled, pulled over to side and hasn't started since

Asked by Feb 03, 2016 at 09:39 AM about the 2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4WD

I have code reader but it says no codes, but its rough shape and not sure it works and at moment being a single dad with sole custody of my 2 boys I cannot afford the $50 for a new one until taxes come back and I guess the auto places don't loan them out. So hoping someone has an answer of what I can try. I can pay you a reasonable fee for your time,, I AM IN HURRY though as its my main transportation.

I have a 2000 dodge Durango with 4.7 and it will not start. I was driving down the highway and it just stalled, I pulled to side of road and would not start again. I have spark as I pulled spark plug and it jumps spark off ground, I changed the crankshaft and cam sensor(used parts) and still wont start. I have tested both the alternator and battery. I took the ecm off brought in house to warm up and reinstalled but nothing. I have sprayed starting fluid into the throttle but nothing.
I do know it needs the o2 sensors replaced for while as it pulled few codes, believe p0171, p0174. also thought it could be something with security but I have the fob and unlocked it manually(note there is nothing to suggest this as the security light isn't on but I know it wont start it the alarm is activated.

read a stuck egr valve may keep from starting, Im not sure if cat is bad and im not sure how to test it. Im not sure if a bad o2 sensor would keep it from starting. I pulled some used ones from junk yard just have not changed them yet. I heard the wiring harnesses can cause issues via the sensors but im not that great with multimeters, never had a lot of hands on experience with them so not sure how to see if its the harness. Fuel pump does turn on(/I can hear it) im assuming the fuel filter wouldn't matter much considering I sprayed fuel directly. I also checked all fuses(blade type that are colored) and are good under the hood drivers side and inside the cab passenger side, im not sure if there are more places that houses fuses.

anyone have ideas? do you have scanner? If you have an idea I am willing to pay reasonable cost for correct diagnosis, by cash,, paypal or credit card

Those have coils... I had an 01. They used steel rings around the aluminum valve seats and those rings eventually bust and shatter and clog up the valve lifter. You need to get a compression test and you're going to find that it ain't worth fixing unless you have far fewer than 100000 miles on the vehicle.

would that keep it from starting? I mean I can't even get it to start, wouldn't even know if it would stay running. least if it started and died least I had something else to go on. I have a compression tester, do you know what the specs on it would be?

If it's a stuck valve or more than one it would come up as a missfire in the holes. No sorry I don't know the specific codes.

I went out and tried staring it again if I just try to start it nothing it just cranks, but when I put my foot on gas then it seems it wants to start. A few times it almost did but not quite.

here is audio link https://app.box.com/s/ifsz7fj5s4bzmqz3jtgcawp806v2l0ho

I had the same problem with the same codes. I replace the cam and crank sensors several times it work for couple of months then the same problem. Until I replaced the coils not cheap but started on side first it fixed the problem and several months later replaced the other side. This was 1 year ago still working like a champ.