Is the wiring in a '85 Nissan 300ZX interlinked or is each component individually wired?

Asked by Sep 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM about the 1985 Nissan 300ZX 2 Dr STD

I am repairing and rebuilding my husband's '85 Nissan 300ZX.  It was vandalized--radio riped from dash, attempted hot wiring, wiring under the hood damaged, etc... I need all of the advice on the electrical system that can be offered, as I am doing this on my own.

230

I'm the man that can answer your questions... I've been doing auto electrical work for years... plus I have an 86 ZX which is identical to your 85 as far as electrical goes. Much of the wiring in the ZX is modular plug-in harnesses, but I'm not sure of availability for replacements. Normally, I would just repair the harness wiring if all the plugs are still intact. One thing you can go is download the Nissan Factory Service Manual and go to section EL (electrical) to see just how the entire car is wired and plugged together. The diagrams there are really clear and easy to use (well, at least they are to me!)

70

Nissan Factory Service Manuals available for download here: http://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-300zx-service-repair-manuals/