2013 Nissan Altima, 1in of water on drivers front and rear floor boards?

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 01:59 PM about the 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

I live in Shreveport, LA. We have recently had some heavy rain the past few days and my 2013 Altima SL which is always garaged, but has been in the driveway the past couple days during the recent rainstorms.  I found over 1in of water on the rear driver side floor board and the carpeting was wet on the front drivers side.  My windows were not open, no water leaking from sunroof and no water was found on seats. ONLY on the floorboard.  By coincidence I also had my windsheild replaced the same day and they found a 6in gap on the passenger side where there was no sealant.  It was the original windsheild that was factory installed, so I'm guessing mine wasn't the only one!  Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to the dealer in a few days to fix the airbag (which didn't detect me sitting in the passenger seat, but will detect my purse) due to the recall.  They are going to check out this other issue but I like to see if anyone else has this problem.

80

Live in Ajax, Ontario 2013 Altima SV. Most of the water was in the rear passenger side and some in the front passenger, overall about 3 gallons sucked up, its funny I could hear sloshing noises and I thought it was my gas tank which was half full, I was surprised because I never heard the gas before and now I know why. I have a sunroof , but there are no trail signs, I don't know how it got in.

20

Am having this problem with my altima now could one of u guys phone me directly 6016706524 thx

40

Can you please tell me if problem was found? Daughter just got 2013 for senior year and tonight drivers rear floor board soaked.

190

If your 2013 Altima is leaking call 1- 800-Nissan1 and wait till last option to talk with a rep. They have a buy back option for this problem! Everyone needs to report problem so more can be done!

110

I just bought a 2014 Altima back in June and I have found my rear & front passenger side floor soaked. I took it in once and the service department claimed that it was a hose that was loose but the problem is still there. What can I do? I paid a lot of money to have a defected vehicle.

30

I had a sloshing noise coming from the back passenger of my 2010 Altima. I found the rear passenger door full of water. The seal was stuck over the drain hole. I pulled it away and about two gallons of water drained out.

180

Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? I have a 2013 Nissan Altima and I am also having major water issue with my rear and drivers floorboards.

140

It took almost two months to figure it out but it ended up being a missing seal on the drivers side kick plate. After having replaced the seal and the carpet I haven't had the issue since. I also got Nissan to extended the warranty on my electrical system since I have noticed a few glitches and also had a 8in gap in the seal on the factory i stalled windshield. Corrosion takes a while to become a problem. I have left my car out in a few rain showers just to make sure it was fixed too!

140

BTW my dealership actually replaced the same seal twice before it was finally fixed too. That seal was completely missed when the car was built, so I knew I wasn't the only one that had this problem!

40

I have a 2013 Altima. Bought it new. I am having similar issues. My front and rear driver side floor boards get soaked with rain. Not to mention the smell of mildew to go with it! I am taking it to the dealership. .I just hope they don't give me a hard time about fixing it.

180

It ended up being a missing seal that was never put in when the car was manufactured. When you take it in make sure you tell them that you smell and see mold in the carpet. That was the only way that they will replace the carpet and padding for free.

30

I purchased my Nissan Altima from CarMax and noticed too that the floorboard in the back behind the driver being filled up with water when it rained yesterday. I thought it smelled mildewed. I call Nissan Corp and they told me to take it to the dealership which I plan to do today I want it fixed permenantly or I want it bought back!

125

This just happened to me. Turns out there were two leaks in the body of the vehicle allowing water inside the cabin. $850+ (out of warranty) later and my car is sealed up and dry. Good to take care of before the water starts to rust out the car ...

180

Nissan covered mine for free because the seal was a factory defect. I hope you push to get your money back from them even though you were out of warrranty

125

JK, I've submitted a claim with Nissan USA. What kind of timeline can I expect?

180

Well they didn't charge me from the beginning so I don't know what the timing would be. They admitted to me that the seal was a factory defect so you should tell them that they have not charged others for the same issue.

140

The fix for my vehicle was free and I got a rental that they paid for while it was being repaired. I recommend leaving the car out in any future rain storm so you know it's fixed right. I took my shop three times to finally get it right. New carpet each time too. As far as the warranty goes I would call Nissan USA and get them to refund you. A manufacturer defect should not apply to a warranty. Especially if you live u n an area where it doesn't rain often or you garage your vehicle. How would you have possibly known about this since they never did a recall for a known issue? I fought with Nissan and got them to extend my warranty after this issue. Also this issue started BEFORE your warranty was up. :-)

125

Nissan has agreed to cover the costs of the repair since the car is only two years old.