2013 Nissan Altima, 1in of water on drivers front and rear floor boards?

Asked by May 15, 2014 at 01:59 PM about the 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

I live in Shreveport, LA. We have recently had some heavy rain the past few days and my 2013 Altima SL which is always garaged, but has been in the driveway the past couple days during the recent rainstorms.  I found over 1in of water on the rear driver side floor board and the carpeting was wet on the front drivers side.  My windows were not open, no water leaking from sunroof and no water was found on seats. ONLY on the floorboard.  By coincidence I also had my windsheild replaced the same day and they found a 6in gap on the passenger side where there was no sealant.  It was the original windsheild that was factory installed, so I'm guessing mine wasn't the only one!  Has anyone else had this issue? I'm going to the dealer in a few days to fix the airbag (which didn't detect me sitting in the passenger seat, but will detect my purse) due to the recall.  They are going to check out this other issue but I like to see if anyone else has this problem.

90

Live in Ajax, Ontario 2013 Altima SV. Most of the water was in the rear passenger side and some in the front passenger, overall about 3 gallons sucked up, its funny I could hear sloshing noises and I thought it was my gas tank which was half full, I was surprised because I never heard the gas before and now I know why. I have a sunroof , but there are no trail signs, I don't know how it got in.

30

Am having this problem with my altima now could one of u guys phone me directly 6016706524 thx

50

Can you please tell me if problem was found? Daughter just got 2013 for senior year and tonight drivers rear floor board soaked.

200

If your 2013 Altima is leaking call 1- 800-Nissan1 and wait till last option to talk with a rep. They have a buy back option for this problem! Everyone needs to report problem so more can be done!

120

I just bought a 2014 Altima back in June and I have found my rear & front passenger side floor soaked. I took it in once and the service department claimed that it was a hose that was loose but the problem is still there. What can I do? I paid a lot of money to have a defected vehicle.

60

I had a sloshing noise coming from the back passenger of my 2010 Altima. I found the rear passenger door full of water. The seal was stuck over the drain hole. I pulled it away and about two gallons of water drained out.

180

Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? I have a 2013 Nissan Altima and I am also having major water issue with my rear and drivers floorboards.

150

It took almost two months to figure it out but it ended up being a missing seal on the drivers side kick plate. After having replaced the seal and the carpet I haven't had the issue since. I also got Nissan to extended the warranty on my electrical system since I have noticed a few glitches and also had a 8in gap in the seal on the factory i stalled windshield. Corrosion takes a while to become a problem. I have left my car out in a few rain showers just to make sure it was fixed too!

150

BTW my dealership actually replaced the same seal twice before it was finally fixed too. That seal was completely missed when the car was built, so I knew I wasn't the only one that had this problem!

40

I have a 2013 Altima. Bought it new. I am having similar issues. My front and rear driver side floor boards get soaked with rain. Not to mention the smell of mildew to go with it! I am taking it to the dealership. .I just hope they don't give me a hard time about fixing it.

180

It ended up being a missing seal that was never put in when the car was manufactured. When you take it in make sure you tell them that you smell and see mold in the carpet. That was the only way that they will replace the carpet and padding for free.

30

I purchased my Nissan Altima from CarMax and noticed too that the floorboard in the back behind the driver being filled up with water when it rained yesterday. I thought it smelled mildewed. I call Nissan Corp and they told me to take it to the dealership which I plan to do today I want it fixed permenantly or I want it bought back!

155

This just happened to me. Turns out there were two leaks in the body of the vehicle allowing water inside the cabin. $850+ (out of warranty) later and my car is sealed up and dry. Good to take care of before the water starts to rust out the car ...

180

Nissan covered mine for free because the seal was a factory defect. I hope you push to get your money back from them even though you were out of warrranty

155

JK, I've submitted a claim with Nissan USA. What kind of timeline can I expect?

180

Well they didn't charge me from the beginning so I don't know what the timing would be. They admitted to me that the seal was a factory defect so you should tell them that they have not charged others for the same issue.

150

The fix for my vehicle was free and I got a rental that they paid for while it was being repaired. I recommend leaving the car out in any future rain storm so you know it's fixed right. I took my shop three times to finally get it right. New carpet each time too. As far as the warranty goes I would call Nissan USA and get them to refund you. A manufacturer defect should not apply to a warranty. Especially if you live u n an area where it doesn't rain often or you garage your vehicle. How would you have possibly known about this since they never did a recall for a known issue? I fought with Nissan and got them to extend my warranty after this issue. Also this issue started BEFORE your warranty was up. :-)

155

Nissan has agreed to cover the costs of the repair since the car is only two years old.

10

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima and the water went inside drivers rear floor board soaked> Nissan Dealer said is out of warranty and charged me 1,200.00 for repairs. I did call 1800) 647-7261 and open up a work order for Management and complaint about the charge. Hope they will revise and pay me back. Is a factory problem. They did the work at Nissan Surf City of Huntingthon Beach Ca. phone 714) 5006035

10

J84ustin, How many miles you had in your car? please text me 949) 444-9709

155

At the time of the repair my car had approximately 65,000 miles. I now have 90k and the problem never returned.

10

I've got the same problem of water soaking the rear driver side floor board in my 2013 Altima. I first brought it to my service dept attention when it had 4,000 miles. They could not find the leak. I recently brought it again for the same problem and of course it is out of warranty now. Service tech found the leak at a body seam and has sealed it. Last month I called Nissan usa and was given a claim number. I'm now waiting for the consumer affairs rep to call my service dept to see about the cost of diagnosis and repair.

I'm having the same flooding problem when it rains on my 2013 Altima. Just took it to the dealer for the second time today and they said it was coming from the windshield which would have to be resealed for $400. It's not covered under warranty and they said it was normal wear and tear on the vehicle and I would have to pay. I see this is a common complaint but Nissan hasn't done any recalls on it so I am also going to call and open a claim with them. Thanks from for the info everyone that posted.

150

Wow, gigi_31, you could get a new windshield for that price! It has to be the seal, which I'm sure you could argue us a manufacturer defect. Try going to a different dealer in the meantime to see what they say. Good luck!

Hi all, I discovered a leak behind the brake under the carpet is this the same location you guys found?