I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus. Why aren't my brake lights not working?.

Asked by Mar 26, 2015 at 02:05 PM about the 2001 Dodge Stratus SE

I've checked the fuses, I've checked the Bulbs and I replaces the brake switch and still nothing. My headlights & signals work fine. I just can't the brake lights to work.

46,735

I take it that when you turn on the head lights, that the rear driving lights come on, correct? It's just when you hit the brakes that the extra brightness isn't happening? There should be a bulb in there with a double filament. That's why when you hit your brakes, they become brighter. It sends power to the second filament, causing the bulb to get brighter. Have you replaced those bulbs?

but when the headlights aren't on during the day the brake lights don't work at all

46,735

But do the tail lights themselves light up at night? I know the brake lights aren't coming on. Here's a video that might explain it better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gWQgpDL-FY Did you see when he hit the brakes how one side got brighter? The other side remained dim. That's because his double filament bulb was bad on the passenger side. Do you have tail lights when the head lights are on? If your middle light is out, I heard that will cause your lower tail lights not to work also. Notice in the video his middle tail light was working?