bubbling/boiling sounds coming from around the radiator/passenger side in a 2001 dodge stratus.

35

Asked by Aug 08, 2014 at 05:31 PM about the 2001 Dodge Stratus SE

My car leaks anti freezer.  I put in a new thermostat...and it was ok, but the car is leaking anti freezer...now the car gage is running hot.

292,725

You need to find the leak. Overheating is probably due to a low fluid level. Might be the water pump or a hose?

485

When you replaced the thermostat, did you also flush the radiator and refill with the appropriate amount of the recommended antifreeze? Most leaks are from hoses or connections. Start the car and turn the heater to high, watch under the hood for leaks around the hoses, the thermostat housing, and the water pump. Also watch to see if any of the hoses collapse. Any leaks around the thermostat housing or water pump indicate that you need to replace the gasket and use some blue rtv. Make sure when you do that the surface is clean and smooth. and scrapes will need to be smoothed and any debris will need to be cleaned away. Any leaking or collapsing hoses need to be replaced. If the leak is from your radiator make sure that the petcock at the bottom is closed and not the source of the leak. If the leak is coming from around the fill cap then you will need to replace the cap. If the body of the radiator is leaking then it will need to be replaced.

35

OK..... What is the bubbling /boiling sound.......my car wasn't running hot at all until I turned on the heat to defrost the windows on wedensday.

35

I refilled the radiator. I didn't do a flush.