What size bolt do I need for my pulley tension bracket mines had broke

Asked by Mar 12, 2014 at 11:21 AM about the 2001 Dodge Neon 4 dr Highline ACR

95

Are you asking about the one which goes around the alternator. if so and it's on a 2.0L. It is more involved then that, it's a complete plate that the pulley is riveted on to you need to replace. If this is the one let us now and myself or someone can give you the information on how to replace it. It takes a lot of patients and luck.

95

This is the bracket it's self.

Yea I got the bracket from the junkyard but it didn't come with bolts wat size bolt do I need for it

95

I used the ones from the old one. Do you know what's all involved in changing it?

The olds ones broke

95

The pulley wheel is held to the arm with a T40 torx bit, but it cannot be accessed while on the car because the timing belt cover bumps out over the water pump right behind the arm, leaving inadequate room for a wrench. Did the arm brake off or the motor mount bolt, I'm a little lost at what bolt or bolts broke.

95

If you can't get the help your looking for you could try this site: neons.org That's their specialty, you have to register and it's free too. I am in now way indicating this is not a good site just offering other options.