I have a 2001 dodge neon and it runs ok for the age, but lately, it some days starts no problem and other days it will not start, then out of the blue it will start again . Any ideas ...

Asked by Sep 06, 2013 at 02:17 PM about the 2001 Dodge Neon 4 dr Highline ACR

92,535

When was the last time it had a good tune up? Plugs, all filters, injectors cleaned, that kind of stuff.

filters is good injectors just changed. When you go to crake it you get all the bells and whistles but it does not turn over yet everything is on.

92,535

OK so sometimes it won't crank, but when it does it starts and runs fine. Here are a few things to check: cranking voltage from ignition switch to neutral safety if automatic or clutch switch if standard trans, from those switches to the starter solenoid terminal S terminal, if you have voltage through everything then it is most likely a starter going bad. You can have it rebuilt at a starter shop or buy a rebuilt one.