2001 dodge intrepid where is starter and how can i hit it to make car start

Asked by Jun 28, 2012 at 01:18 PM about the 2001 Dodge Intrepid R/T

254,055

Barbara, the starter is usually located on the bottom of the engine. You might not be able to start the car with this method. I suggest you have the car towed to a local mechanic, do you have AAA? Have them repair your start problem properly and correctly. You might not even have a starter issue, but a battery/ignition or fuel issue.

thank you so much I am going to change battery. I just wanted to make sure, but hooked up another battery and started right up. now i need to know how to get the battery out haha

254,055

With the Intrepid, the battery is in a compartment inside the wheel well. The car need to be jacked up, and supported on jack stands (never work on a car just supported by a jack, if the jack slips you can be injured or killed by the falling car!) You then must remove the tire. This will give you access to the battery panel cover. Remove the cover, and then take the battery hold down loose. Loosen and remove the battery cables, and slide the battery out. Reverse the procedure to install the new battery. This is one of those cars where it may be worthwhile to buy your battery at a place where they install them for free. The slight additional cost that you will pay for the battery at a place like that is well worth it.

10

The battery is located inside the wheel well must remove front tire to access it.

thanks for all the help. my 18 year old granddaughter and I (65) turned the steering wheel all the way right and held it and took battery out and put new one back in same way, but it had a handle thank goodness. I'll be back