2004 Ford Freestar Electrical Problem

Asked by Jan 24, 2016 at 08:32 PM about the 2004 Ford Freestar SE

. I have a 2004 Ford Free Star and something weird has been happening.  
Once in while when I am on the road I hear click sound sound (not clicking)
one click sound and my radio goes dead, no time, no display no music
nothing, and then the brake and ABS light turn on and sometimes the light
(mileage display) goes away - after maybe 10 to 15 seconds there is a
nother click and everything goes back to normal. When it happens I lose no
power from the car, it keeps driving like normal  if nothing happened.
That might occur about 4 - 5 times a day.  What the heck do think it is?  I
appreciate your help.

57,185

Do you ever wonder how many times Ford changed the nameplates of their mini-vans?? It started with the Windstar, followed by the Aerostar, then came the Freestar, and now the Ford Transit. Back to your problem, could be an electronic problem, but, honestly, these cars are known problem vehicles. Unless you absolutely love this car, I would replace it before sinking a lot of money into this vehicle. See link below, NOT a ringing endorsement. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Freestar/2004 PS-- the reason they changed the nameplates so often is these vehicles developed such a horrible reputation, they had to!!

Que marca de carro tienemas vida sin problemas. Ford nidssn kiahonda ? Kidiera saber ke marca hayke dure más sin dar problemas mecánicos o eléctricos?

Then what type of brand is better

10

Very common problem on the freestar. We would know we have repaired hundreds of ford clusters. Here is a link to the service you can purchase. I know it's for a freestyle but they are pretty much the same clusters with the same problems. https://www.automotivecircuitsolutions.com/collections/ford/products/2004-2008-ford- freestyle-instrument-cluster-speedometer-mail-in-repair-service

That's ur fan clicking cooling the motor,then once it cools it gets it power back right

370

I have a 2004 Ford Freestar and the lightbulbs over the license plate do not come on.......the guy who inspected my van gave me 2 bulbs and my brother in law changed out the old connectors still nothing... it was working with the old connectors...my brother in law fixed it and it worked then the next day it didn't work...felt like a fool going to the inspection guy because I did not recheck to see if the bulbs would come back on.......a mechanic I spoke with told me it sounded like a blown fuse and my brother in law had already checked out all of that stuff....... bummer dude.......I am literally stranded at my job until I get a paycheck next Friday.......all this crap.gor a freaking lightbulb?! LOL