I have a 2013 dodge Dart. When I tried starting it this morning all of the gauges went crazy for a second and the engine just clicked. Engine had this happen before?

Asked by Jan 05, 2014 at 12:29 PM about the 2013 Dodge Dart SXT

222,365

Sounds like the battery is weak on charge. Have it checked, any local auto parts store will do this for you for free.

60,775

Have your brand new Dart towed to the dealer so they can fix it for free. Under warranty. They'll pay for the tow as well. HTH. -Jim

1,535

What I have found on the Dodge Forum sites. Most of the problems were related to the starting procedure. Try putting in the Key and turn slow wait few seconds then start the engine. Most of the Forums mention a delay in the start system and this is related to the computer ECM. If under warranty bring back to dealer had them do a scan and connect to the ECM unit.

20

It is for sure a defect in the computer and design. My daughter has been to dealership 4 times the replaced a computer which would have been 3K if you had to buy and the car still does it. Sorry to say now dealer just says we cant recreate the problem even when it is towed and they just clear errors. Sorry to say go trade it is for anything buy dodge and take your losses now or be milked dry later. Just my thought for the day.

20

When I started my car, randomly the gauges would flicker. It would not do it every time but it did it enough to be concerning. My uconnect had also been out for at least 3 months. I took it to a local auto shop and they said my battery was bad! So with a new battery everything was fixed!! No more clicking and and my unconnect started working!

Had the same problem, replaced the battery and it went away for a while, and now it's returned. I held on to the old battery and I noticed it was still in good shape (reading 12.6 volts) constantly. I have another vehicle that uses the same type of battery and the old Dart battery has been working like a champ. It's not the battery. When I contacted the dealer, the service guy acknowledged they've had several cars in with this same problem but when he found out that the car is few months out of warranty, they changed their tune and acted like they've never heard of it. This tells me it's a big problem and Chrysler/Fiat do not want to acknowledge it to the public or doesn't want their dealers to make it known to their customers.

HannaC any update?...sounds like my car is having the same issue. 2013 Limited Turbo 1.4. Ordered a new battery and it should be in today, I am hoping that is the only problem. I am starting to get nervous reading all these forums :/