What do you do when there is no sound coming from your radio

Asked by Jul 25, 2014 at 12:46 PM about the 2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS

The sound for my radio, GPS and blue tooth is not working.  Can you help

765

Pull the fuse for the audio system, wait about a minute, and then put it back in. It will reset the sound system. Quirky fix, but it will work. My 2012 does the same thing. :-(

430

I have the 2010 Hyundai Elantra and what you need to do is pull the fuse panel off! Secondly turn your car on! Thirdly, pull the fuse out for a minute! Fourthly, put the fuse back and push the power button and it will fix the problem! Don't forget to put the fuse panel back on! You will however have to reset all your radio stations! Hope this helps you!

90

Ok stupid question, where is the fuse box located for it?

430

It is on the left side when you open the driver door by the steering wheel!

10

It worked. Thank you so much!

130

Thanks for the tip John. I actually pulled the three wire power supply from the fuse board and it did the same thing the fuse pull did. Thanks again!!!

I am having this problem today, I will try the fuse tomorrow, thank you so much for sharing.

120

what fuse is it

130

Joe, I just pulled the 3wire harness out which killed the power to the circuit board and it reset the radio and the sound was restored. It is the white,red,blue wire setup.

770

You can also put a paper clip in the reset hole top left of nav screen.

470

Paper clip worked! Thanks 2013 Hyundai Elantra

70

THANK YOU!!!!!! Started the car, pulled the fuse, waited one minute, turned OFF the car, put the fuse back in, restarted the car. Everything worked great. BTW, it is the 20A Multimedia Fuse on the 2013 Elantra Ltd.

180

Paper clip also worked For 2012 Elantra Ltd.

120

Paper Clip worked for me too!!!

140

Worked for my 2013 Elantra too! Keeping a paper clip handy for the future.

30

Our 2013 Hyundai Elantra had the same sound problem, screen worked but no sound. Pulling/replugging the red, blue fuse for a couple minutes after killing the motor did resolve the problem. But what an annoyance for a fairly new car, 2 and half years to be exact!

10

My 2013 Hyundai Elantra's audio shi# the bed two weeks ago soon after I set up 'hands free' blue tooth in accordance with new NH law. I'm going to try the paper clip idea in the am. Thanks to all.

20

I've kinda got the same deal going on myself with a 2013 Hyundai Accent. The radio has worked for awhile, but recently, the radio hasn't worked. No sound at all from my Sirius/XM, AM/FM, or CD. Odd thing is, if my door is opened (driver side), it'll work until the door is closed again. Seems to happen after extreme weather (had a HEAVY downpour yesterday that forced me to drive on some waterlogged streets, and the issue started not long thereafter).

60

I used a ball point pen in the reset button and it was an immediate fix. 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Thanks so much!

40

Paperclip Worked for me 2013 Elantra. Thank you so much!

20

Used the paperclip to push the reset button in the tiny hole upper left above the nav screen with the car off. Worked perfectly for my 2013 Sonata Sport. Wiped all the radio stations, satellite stations and sound settings, but kept my phone connection.

80

I pulled the fuse out while the car was running put it back in press the power button it turns on but still no audio any other suggestions It's the 2010 Elantra so has no reset hole on stereo

20

Everything on, Bluetooth, radio, GPS and no sound. 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited, only 3 test driven miles and after 28 months I'm reduced to a paper clip fix. Upside it worked; downside it happened at all. I'll be calling my sales guy.

70

There is a tiny hole on the left of the CD player. Stick a pin in in for a few seconds. That resets the sound system in the car.

40

I have a 2015 altima sound stopped one day and after sitting a couple hours started playing again when I restarted the engine. What could that be. It wasn't very hot out.

10

Ihave a 2011 hyundai the sound dont work only when ihut a bump sometimes the sound come back

10

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elantra and using a paper clip to press reset button worked. ( I couldn't determine which fuse was the correct one). So thank so very much for the info.

10

Randy paper clip worked for me - 2014 elantra. Not sure why it happened and if it will happen again but i will keep a paperclip in the car as a useful tool

30

The paper-clip trick worked for my 2013 Hyundai Electra, too. So is the sound good for another two years?

10

Thanks for help Barbie pin worked for me thanks agian life saver I need my radio and GPS to work

I have a 2013 Elantra and I feel crazy not seeing this little reset hole you all are talking about :(

20

Worked great! It is right in the upper left hand corner. Looks more like a button not a hole. I pushed it in and held had a little trouble getting the screen back on but pushed a couple of buttons and there was the sound :) Lost all my saved stations but I will take that over no sound!

10

Thanks guys you guys are f****** awesome I didn't have a pen or paper clip so I just use the pencil it worked thanks of course it took me a minute to realize that the little hole that you all were talking about doesn't say reset but it is on the left hand side about the NAv screen so I just took a chance and stuck a pencil in there and it worked thank you !,

10

Thanks everybody for all your answers. I bought the new Elantra GL 2010 and after just 1 year, my radio got waves (plastic was burned) because of the sun on the board during summer!! My car dearler changed it twice. Since that, my radio stopped after 2 cds (too hot). Now, no more radio.. it does'nt work even if I just used the radio, not CD.... Make me angry grrrr. I'll try your fuse and paper clip tricks but I can't believe we have to do it for all of us. And of course, they don't want to fix it again, it's no more on warranty. Can we claim from Hyundai for all of us??? It's very ridiculous....

10

thanks guys i didnt have a paperclip use my earring instead it worked great .. n since i dont know anything about cars i was about to take it to the mechanic .. save me $$$ thanks

20

Thank you, couldn't figure out the fuse way but, Amen for the paperclip fix!!

70

Ok I have a 2010 elauntra and I've tried all the tricks listed above. Does it take more than a min to reset with the cr running and pulling the fuse box?

70

All I can say is HELP!!!!

30

The paperclip solution worked for me. I had never noticed the tiny hole.

70

I don't have a place for the paperclip

20

I don't have the NAV screen radio so I don't see anywhere that a reset button can be

34,525

hum

10

I had the same problem with my Elantra 2013. The papers clip works. You guys are awesome. Thank you so so much.

Any suggestion for 99 elantra

10

Paper clip in reset button on top left of nav screen worked PERFECTLY. It turns the screen black for about 15 seconds, do not touch anything it will turn right back on instantly. :D Thank you to everyone in this post you saved me a $100 trip to the mechanics!

10

I used a ball point pen on the reset button and it worked!! I'm so glad I don't have to spend time and money to fix it. Thanks, everyone.

10

RICO FIXED PROBLEM WITH PAPER CLIP ON MY 2011 ELANTRA. WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT THE INTERNET. THANKS EVERYONE

Any suggestions for getting the AM to work? FM is fine, no AM.

I have a 2014 Elantra sport. Audio is off (again). Reset button does nothing. And pulling the plug isn't working either. It worked the last time. Frustrating! I don't have the time to go to the dealer!

20

paperclip, paperclip, paperclip. Worked for my 2013 Elantra. Glad I checked online before taking it in...although I had to drive around for 2 days with headphones and watching my GPS for upcoming turns.

10

I don't have navigation screen, I do have a 2013, but no button. what's weird about my radio it goes off when I put on the brake, when reboots, sometime just going down the road. will it hurt anything by unplugging the red, white and blue plug and plugging it in, does car need to be running? someone said something about taking positive lead off battery and reputing it on, BUT battery is too complicated :(

Thought the tiny little circle on the top left of nav system screen was an led til I read these comments. Pushed it gently with a thumbtack and now my audio has returned! Hopefully it will return my phone Bluetooth streaming audio capability as well.

ball point pen worked like a charm. I turned on the car - pushed the reset button, which is a tiny hole on the top left of the nav screen - turned off the car - turned on the car after a couple of seconds (15 secs or so) - voice came back!

10

the paperclip and fuse hints did not help! I have a 2010 Santa Fe with nav pac. Nothing is coming out of the speakers. Bluetooth not working either. I tired pulling the audio fuses and resetting with the paperclip numerous times....didn't work. Still no sound. Any suggestions???

10

P.S. Most of you say that when you reset with the paperclip the system automatically comes back on. Mine doesn't. The screen goes black and nothing happens after that. If I want the system to come on again I have to turn it on manually with the power button.

I was having some trouble with my 2015 Elantra. My passengers side speakers weren't working whenever I would put an auxiliary cord, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. What would you guys suggest? Thanks to anybody who replies!

2012 Elantra Limited, same thing happened. One second sound was playing, then no audio. GPS, Bluetooth was still connecting, but no audio. I used an iPhone SIM card removal tool on hand; so pressing the reset button (unlabeled) upper left of the screen & screen went dark, then audio comes back. Thanks for the help!!!

I did the paper lip trick but used a Bobby pin. It totally worked!! Just press the button on the top left nav screen! Then wait 10 seconds push the power button for your screen.

I have 2013 Sonata limited- no reset button and unsure how to handle fuses. Does car need to be on when pulling the fuses? There should be a class action/ recall for this. These are expensive cars!!!

I was ready to check the fuses but the paper clip trick worked to restore the radio function on my 2012 Elantra. Thanks!

I just got my 2012 Elantra so I was playing around with it while the car was on. And when I telescope the steering wheel, radio goes in and out it's the weirdest thing. And I get static. Headed to my car now with a paper clip and my manual to check the fuse! Thanks guys!

The paper clip trip worked to restore radio/navigation sound almost immediately. I'll keep it in my 2013 Hyundai Elantra. Was using the navigation system one day, sound went dead, had to read the prompts on the screen. Dealer did offer to help over the phone but there was going to be a charge of $109 to bring it in.

Thank you so much for this info of pulling fuse and allowing 1 minute and reinserting. I have a 2013 Elantra and I hardly use my radio but the blue tooth connection to my cell phone wasn't allowing my phone to ring. Followed your instructions and I now have sound.

Thanks. Just did the paper clip deal and worked. Had no sound for 2 days...

hello , all option is ok on my radio but no sound on Hyundai 2013 gls coupe, could you help me?

Paperclip reset, yep!

THE FUSE is the NONWIRED plastic rectangle (mine is yellow)....pull it out but not necessary to remove it entirely..Thx for the helpful information...got my sound system working again!

10

I have already bought it to dealership, and paid 126.00, to be told, not the fuse or reset button, They wanted 950.00 to replace it :( I said not NO, but H*LL NO, unbelievable :( I said its hard to believe a 3 and !?@ year old radio goes out, He said its a cheap radio, I said no kidding, but yall want 950 for another one :( thanks for the response . Sonja

10

Hi I have a 05 escalade will this work for my truck my aftermarket radio was stolen so I had to put the original factory radio back in and everything works but the sound what can that be

Hi, i have my elantra 2015 of 1.8L. My audio does not work well with dvd video as it does not showed image. This happened after a sudden reset by its own a week back. By using paper clip and pull out the fuse (20A), it does not help at all. Please help

10

Same problem but I do not have any reset hole on my radio interface??? Tried the fuse thing but didn't help. Seems the canadian models of elantra 2013 don't have the reset hole? Is there another thing (button) to push or another way to reset the sound system?

I have a 2013 Santa Fe sport. Just got it back from the dealer replacing the compressor for the AC. They had it for 1 1\2 months by the way, now the sound wont work. It goes on for about 30 sec. Then off. Tried the paperclip and fuse tricks still no sound for more than 30 sec. Help !!!

Thanks so much everyone. All sound stopped day before car was to be used for wedding, one paper clip and sound restored-thanks!!!!

Paper clip reset for my 2013 Elantra Limited. This was after the dealership charged me for troubleshooting and determined that there was an internal failure of the radio/navigation unit. They quoted me $705 to replace the unit, yet they did not try nor seem to know about the reset button. Thank you all for saving me $705 more dollars.

10

To those having problems finding the reset button... Our '15 Sonata has its button was near the "Tune" button for SiriusXM...it's underneath and to the right of the nav screen...once we (meaning my wife) found it - the ball point pen reset worked great!!