how do I change my speedometer from kilometers back to MPH?

Asked by Sep 29, 2013 at 02:55 PM about the 2012 Toyota Prius c Four

accidentally  changed from mpg to kil.  Don't know how to get it switched back

25,595

Just below the display panel that shows what the engine/motor are doing (or the navigation display if you have that). It's to the right side, immediately next to the odometer button. It reads km/mph - small button approx. 3/4" square (as is the odo button)

740

I just changed my Prius C from km/h back to mph on the speedometer. Just after I filled my gas tank and the menu screen is on "Drive Information", I pushed the "trip" button and keep it depressed. The miles display will zero on the screen, but also change the Km/h back to Mph. If you press the button on and off you will see that the setting switches back and forth on the speedometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCV4BuiIS8I This video is short and explains it exactly and perfectly!

760

I need to know how to change the kilometers back to miles per hour.

60

On my 2014 prius 3 it is just left of the radio power/volume button

240

I have Chevy 2004 my mileage switch to kilometer and want to put it back to mileage but I don't know how. Anyone know how to do it.

80

How do you change the speed of the car Malibu in 2011 to counter the tendency of kilometers

The YouTube video migration_jtfresh1 posted is the ONLY correct answer here. There is no button right on the dash of a Prius C. That is only a feature on the regular (larger) Prius models. It took me a half hour of pushing buttons and searching the internet to get mine changed after a mechanic messed it up. You have to be on a VERY SPECIFIC screen to do it.

10

With Speedometer and Multi-information screens both displayed. Press and release "Trip" button to switch the top portion of Multi-information screen between "Trip A", "Trip B", "ODO". HOLD "Trip" button in, once "ODO" displays. Speedometer display will start switching between MPH & Km/h modes. As the screen toggles between the two modes, RELASE the trip button to select and hold the mode you desire.

10

I offer this to clarify. It works for - Selecting Speedometer modes (MPH or Km/h): With Speedometer and Multi-information screens both displayed. Press and release "Trip" button to switch the top portion of Multi-information screen between "Trip A", "Trip B", "ODO". HOLD "Trip" button in. Once the "ODO" displays the Speedometer display will start switching between MPH & Km/h modes. As the screen toggles between the two modes, RELASE the trip button to select and hold the mode you desire.

10

Can I change Toyota Aqua's Cluster with Prius C cluster? Everything will work fine? I have attached the picture. Please suggest Thanks

20

I had this problem with my 2014 plug-in prius. The answer for me was a button on dash to the left of the steering wheel right next to cruise control and the gas-fill-port pop-open button.

The above answers were, to me, a bit confusing. On the regular Prius (not the C, mine is a 2008) it's a PHYSICAL BUTTON that says mph/kph. Pressing the button toggles between the two. When I read the first answer, I wasn't sure if the poster was talking about what was happening on the screen or below it...(perhaps the term "display panel" wasn't clear to me, as the panel is not only a display it has interactive buttons on it). Anyway, to be super super clear, on most Priuses, a physical button you may not not have noticed until you or someone else depressed it, switching mph to kph...NOT something that happens on your screen.