I have a 2001 Caravan and it keeps running for over a minuet or two when key is turned off .. Normally it will start & run fine ... But lately it will start and run as if it is runnig barely on 3 cylinders.. I wait about 5 minuets . It starts and runs like a champ again until I have to shut it off and it keeps running . So I tried bumpping the key a few times to on & off and sme times it will help ... Also there is a relay shut down fuse that keeps on ticking & will kill the battery if I dont pull it out . Someties I'd walk away and not hear it and a few hours later it comes on by it's self .. I swear the thing is haunted . I want to sell it because I have 5 other cars and trucks and though it is good riding nice condition I do not want to pass this known problem on to someone else .. Any comments would be helpful ... I am pretty sure it has got to be an eletrictial problem of some sort ...

Asked by Mar 11, 2017 at 09:02 PM about the 2001 Dodge Caravan Sport

Keeps running after key is off & also a lot of  ticking from a relay shut down fuse

I know or think it is some sort of electrical issue . Could it be a sensor of some sort .. The big black fuse box next to the battery has a shut down relay that has a mind of it's own & makes a fast ticking sound like some electric fuel pumps I have heard in the past .. If any one has had this problem and knows what to do , please let me know...