Can any good experienced mechanic give me an advice?

Asked by Apr 23, 2014 at 02:19 PM about the 2002 Dodge Stratus SE

I have a Dodge Stratus 2002 I bought a month ago and it already started giving me problems. It was all fine for like the first 2 or 3 weeks until one night I got off from work that I went to put some gas. when I turned the car back on it started doing a clicking sound and killed my battery. So I replaced the battery. Then I thought It was the starter so I spent more money on the starter. Then I called the guy who sold me the car and said that It was the alternator. So I went to Auto Zone for diagnostics for my car and everything is good including the alternator. So now once I use my car and I turn it off, I can't turn back on right away cuz its tarts doing the clicking sound again. the only way I can drive my car is when the care cools off. So somebody told me it could be the computer that heats up and don't start until it cools off... Can any one tell me if that's the right reason?...I would like to have a good advice from an expert or a good mechanic.

264,315

So instead of throwing parts at it, I would suggest having a good mechanic take a look at it. It's harder to give you a correct answer with a guess from where I'm sitting, and would hate for you to replace more parts and not fix the issue.

3,845

I agree with Tom. I could be anything from the computer to the ignition switch. With out actually looking at it, it's really a guessing game. It would be cheaper in the long run to take it to be looked at, rather than replacing random parts and still having to go see a mechanic. How ever, if you do find out what it is and still want to do the work your self I do have the FSM for the 01-06 stratus/sebring. Just let me know.

5

Chris my 2003 stratus rt is cranking but does not turn over what you think