I have a 2002 dodge neon that is leaking from a hose behind the raditor, what is that hose called

Asked by Feb 20, 2014 at 10:35 AM about the 2002 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

ran over into a island curb, next thing I notice was the car jump and notice tranny fluid for pouring from a hose in the front of the car.  No other damage appears other than a small dent on a pan of the bottom of the car.  Car starts but does not going into drive..

246,855

OK, so if you have an automatic transmission, there are lines that run to the radiator to help cool the fluid. I suspect you hit this hose and it was ripped off the radiator, leaking fluid. The trans will not work properly without the fluid. Time to call AAA and have it towed to your nearest garage for a hose repair, and the addition of more fluid. Also have the pan that was dented checked, it might be the oil pan.

thanks...I just hope that's all it is..

1,575

yeah could easily be the radiator too that broke. def have it checked out

10

my son was driving my car and all of a sudden it jerk he pulled over and there was transmission fluid coming from the radiator could that maybe one of the hoses its leaking transmission from the front.

1,575

^ that sounds to me like the radiator burst, flush both the coolant and transmission systems out, replace radiator.