Several issues

Asked by Sep 08, 2011 at 06:14 AM about the 2002 Dodge Neon 4 Dr ES Sedan

OK so I bought my 02 Neon around 2 months ago, and  I have a few issues with it. I've already replaced the transmission. The old one burnt up on me due to the fact that the previous owners changed the radiator and looped coolant hose back into the transmission. They never hooked it back up, so for 2 months I was driving with no coolant to the tranny.

When I stop or put it in park there's a vibration, the motor mounts seem ok. I haven't checked the valve cover yet though, or changed the spark plugs.

When driving there's a cycling noise that sounds like a fan, it get louder as i accelerate and slows down to a drudging turn around 30 mph, it makes kind of a "womp womp womp" noise like something turning slowly. And keeps going when I stop for a few seconds after the vehicle rests. Sometimes it does it without going anywhere when idling

A chirping sound comes from the front passenger side at random times when accelerating.

Also once in awhile it makes a clunk, which I can recreate by pushing down on the front passenger side of the car.

The brakes and rotors are fine, but they still squeel, and sometimes catch.

And the steering with is off center, like it's constantly turned to the left some.

Any advice would be helpful this is my work car and I drive 800 miles a week. Thanks in advance.

3,135

Buy a car in better condition. Youre looking at about $2000 of repairs at LEAST!!!